Qualifications / Requirements
- BSc in engineering or relevant field is preferred
- 2 to 3 years of experience as safety specialist.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures in hospitals.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus. Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Certificate in occupational health and safety.
that the hospital maintains all required safety certifications from the
hospital agencies in accordance with the laws and regulations.
-Supervise the activities of the Health Safety and Environment Program at KIH.
- Provide professional leadership and direction on all hospital safety matters across the hospital.
- Collaborate with ancillary support services to plan a safe and secure environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
-Provide information to hospital committees and department managers related to the safety of facilities and occupants.
-Develop the required hospital policies and procedures related to safety, hazardous materials, and fire safety.
-Develop key performance indicators on the safety and hazardous materials and monitor those indicators on a periodic basis.
-Plan fire safety preventive measures and organize testing of the fire safety system.
-Participate in the preparation of disaster response plan and organize testing of the plan on a periodic basis.--Provide staff education on materials related to safety in the hospital.
-Conduct risk assessment activities to identify areas of improvement and implement changes through the HSE staff.
-Interact with department managers and supervisors to provide resource information, resolve safety problems, and identify new opportunities to improve patient and staff safety.
- Monitor the hospital projects involving construction and renovation and prepare specific checklists to ensure the safety of the patients, staff, construction workers, and hospital visitors.
- Implement accreditation standards related to safety and security.