The Volunteer Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Volunteer program, including recruitment, training, and scheduling of individual and group volunteers.
The Volunteer Manager works closely with the PR and Patient Navigation Department to coordinate special visitor groups, support special events, and assist with other projects as needed.
Reports to: Head of Volunteers’ Services Direct Reports: Teen/School Students volunteers
Position Status: Full Time
• Coordinates all activities relating to the Teen Volunteering Program
• Maintain and grow volunteer base through outreach to individuals, community-based organizations and groups, and schools/social clubs as needed.
• Manages recruitment, training, and professionalism of teen volunteers.
• Reports monthly teen volunteer statistics
• Work closely with all program and department managers to periodically assess needs for teen volunteer expertise and level of volunteer staffing for Baheya activities.
• Develop and maintain process to
* review applications, check references and interview potential individual volunteers.
* assess interests/skills of volunteers and match with appropriate activities.
• Manage comprehensive orientation process for new teen volunteers that includes:
* information about Baheya and teen volunteering at Baheya, including rules and job expectations (manual, website) .
*criteria for involvement (based on Baheya needs).
* update manual and website as necessary • Work closely with all program and department managers to ensure that
* volunteer positions are sufficiently filled to meet Baheya needs and o volunteers enjoy a positive experience
• Maintain daily volunteer scheduling into shift work for Baheya activities, based on departmental needs and organizational priorities.
• Contacts teen volunteers to confirm their shifts’ start and end times
• Maintain volunteer database.
• Provide accurate and timely volunteer data for volunteer-requested reports.
• Engage with existing volunteers daily and provide feedback and additional guidance as needed.
• Maintain ongoing communications with volunteers through mail chimp email news blasts, newsletters, and print materials • *Ensures that proper background checks are performed according to Law and Baheya policies.
• Plan and execute volunteer appreciation and training activities.
• Develop and administer annual volunteer satisfaction survey.
•compile and report results to Director.
• Work occasional weekends or holidays at the request of Head or Director.
• Serve as an ambassador for Baheya in relations with volunteers and organizations.
• Schedule and coordinate special visitor groups from community organizations and corporations.
• Notify all staff and volunteers about special visitor groups and events.
• Participate in special event planning; participate in events as needed.
• Coordinate service-learning activities for groups as requested.
• Coordinate Volunteer Ambassador network.
• Identify high-profile volunteers and nominate them for development.
• Work closely and communicate regularly with the team on key events.
• Support Staff development events including signature events and other fundraisers.
Qualifications / Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in fundraising and/or volunteer programs coordination and project management experience, with working knowledge of best practices working with volunteers and in volunteer coordination.
• Prior management/supervisory experience.
• Commitment to and experience working with women/cancer patients.
• Experience building relationships with individuals, organizations, and businesses.
• Ability to think strategically about volunteer linkages to development.
• Experience planning and managing small events.
• Recruiting, screening, and training experience.
• Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative work environment and promoting teamwork.
• Minimum 1 year of working with the public in formal and informal settings.
• Strong listening, speaking, and writing skills.
• Able to manage in-person requests and phone/email contacts.
• Excellent computer skills and Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, motivate, lead and relate effectively to a wide variety of individuals.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
• Bilingual is highly desirable.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills.
• Database management.
• Proficiency using Internet.