Baheya mission is to provide optimal breast healthcare to all women, using a patient centered multidisciplinary approach. Baheya breast cancer center is looking for influencing breast care nationally and internationally through excellence in early detection, treatment, education and research.
Its vision is to be an international leader in the early detection and the treatment of breast cancer patients, recognized for clinical excellence.
In doing so, each function in Baheya is directly or indirectly responsible for the lives of patients. This responsibility should be part of our day-to-day working lives by living up to high quality standards and by recognizing the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need.
1. Actively lead or participate in coordination mechanisms.
2. Identify and train volunteers in community outreach, psychological support management, follow-up and psychological support promotion
3. Identification management of priority health and social condition
4. Engage trained staff and volunteers in on the job mentoring and supervision
5. Provide psychological and psychosocial support services as needed
6. Support collection and reporting of volunteering and psychological support activities data including reporting and fighters’ outcomes (e.g. functioning, satisfaction with services)
7. Provide training in other topics as appropriate, depending on identified needs (e.g. key aspects of psychological first aid…)
8. Implement social and recreational activities (e.g. friendly activities)
9. Assist with the development of new proposals
10. Assist with engaging of volunteers as needed
11. Represent the department in related meetings and coordination groups.
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Baheya. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Baheya and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to volunteers and requires them to adhere to these values.
1. 1-2 years’ experience preferably in humanitarian settings
2. Training and supervision experience required
3. Strong organizational and supervisory skills
4. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
5. Ability to work within a team structure or in isolation, flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and working with limited resources
6. A good command of verbal and written English and Arabic